This legislation, commonly known as RR(FS)O – or simply RRO – is the fire safety law and it applies to all non-domestic business premises in England and Wales.
The legislation applies to the individual deemed as the ‘responsible person’ of a premise. This includes people who are:-
- Responsible for business premises.
- An employer (or someone self-employed) with business premises.
- Responsible for a part of a dwelling which is solely used for business.
- A charity or voluntary organisation.
- A contractor with a degree of control over any premises.
These individuals have a legal obligation to ensure that the premises comply with the fire safety requirements, which are:
- Carrying out fire safety risk assessments
- Providing appropriate firefighting equipment such as fire extinguishers and ensuring they are maintained
- Installation and regular maintenance of fire detectors and alarms
- Providing emergency lighting where required
For more information give us a call on 0800 118 2568
#firesafety #emergencylighting #peaceofmind #electricalsafety4th February 2020